My dark chocolate raspberry bread is such a rich and special treat for chocolate lovers, and so easy to make!
It’s no secret that I love pairing chocolate with fruit. Remember my white chocolate raspberry muffins? This time, we’re pairing the raspberries with dark chocolate for an equally delicious treat. Something about that combination — dark chocolate and fresh raspberries — is so rich. It just tastes… sophisticated?
Whatever you want to call it, it’s delicious. If you love pairing these two flavors together, then you’re really going to be thrilled when I tell you how easy this dark chocolate raspberry bread is. I also decided to go with brown sugar here instead of granulated sugar, and it makes all the difference. Not only does it give this quick bread even more delicious flavor, it helps with the moisture.
It goes without saying that you can use semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips here. However, I really think you need to experience this recipe as written at least once. Do I need to say it again? Dark chocolate + raspberries = magic.
Why You’ll Love This Dark Chocolate Raspberry Bread…
- It’s all made in one bowl. Who doesn’t love less dirty dishes?
- This is a “naturally eggless” recipe, meaning you won’t need the egg replacer that I normally like to use in my recipes.
- It’s SO soft and moist. And every bite is just packed with dark chocolate and juicy raspberries. What’s not to love?
What You’ll Need…
- The dry ingredients: gluten free flour + baking soda + salt.
- The fat: unsalted butter.
- For moisture: Greek yogurt (also helps hold it all together).
- For flavor: brown sugar (also helps with the moisture) + vanilla extract.
- The mix-ins: dark chocolate chips + fresh raspberries.
How To Make…
As I mentioned above, this dark chocolate raspberry bread will all be made in a single bowl. You will start by creaming the butter with the brown sugar until it’s combined. Next, add in the yogurt and vanilla extract. Once that’s all been mixed up, pour the dry ingredients right in. You can either stir by hand at this point or mix on the lowest speed, until you have a nice batter (don’t over-mix).
The last step is mixing in your dark chocolate chips and raspberries! This part you will definitely want to do by hand, either with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula, because it’s important to be gentle so as not to “break” too many of the berries. Also, make sure to coat your berries in some gluten free flour before adding into the batter — this will prevent them from sinking to the bottom of your loaf.
Finally, pour your batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake on 350ºF for about 50 minutes.
I’m warning you, it may be hard to walk by this loaf and say no to a giant slice. Especially with a cup of coffee or tea. And then it will be hard to resist a second slice. So go ahead and go for it. I won’t tell 😉
Dark Chocolate Raspberry Bread – Gluten Free, Eggless
- ½ cup unsalted butter room temperature
- ½ cup brown sugar packed
- 1 cup Greek yogurt room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups gluten free flour (I use Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1)
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces raspberries tossed with about 1/2 tbsp gluten free flour
- ¾ cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9"x5" loaf pan and set aside.
- Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter with the sugar. Add the Greek yogurt and vanilla extract and beat until combined.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt and mix on low speed until batter forms. Gently stir in the berries and chocolate chips. Bake for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Don’t forget to toss raspberries with about 1/2 tablespoon of gluten free flour. This prevents the berries from sinking to the bottom of the muffins when baking.
Did you make my dark chocolate raspberry bread? Tag me on Instagram @justastastyblog and #justastastyblog.