A perfect snack, dessert, or breakfast, this lemon blueberry bread is moist and full of delicious flavor.
Confession: I’ve never been overly excited about citrusy desserts. When given the choice, I will ALWAYS pick the chocolate on the menu over a lemon bar or key lime pie. But there’s something about the start of Spring that had me thinking about experimenting with a new fruity treat that I had not yet attempted. Enter: lemon blueberry bread.
Like all of my recipes, my lemon blueberry bread is gluten free, eggless, and easy. The Greek yogurt makes it extra moist, and I love that you can use frozen blueberries if you’re having trouble finding fresh berries where you live. That makes this treat easy to enjoy year-round!
And because I wanted a subtle lemon flavor without it feeling too overpowering, I opted to only go for lemon juice and skip the lemon zest.
Why I Love This Lemon Blueberry Bread…
- Did I mention the lemon flavor is pretty subtle? Just the way I like it!
- It feels really light and guilt-free.
- The blueberries really add that special something to the dough.
How To Make…
To start, you’ll cream your butter and sugar together. Once that’s ready, add in the juice of one lemon, egg replacer, and yogurt. Next, stir in your dry ingredients and then gently mix in your blueberries. Easy, right? You’ll bake for 50-60 minutes on 350ºF.
Make sure to coat your blueberries with some gluten free flour (similar to my White Chocolate Raspberry Muffins, I used about half a tablespoon of flour for one cup of berries) to ensure they don’t sink to the bottom of your loaf.
This bread would be great to serve at or take to a brunch, because it’s light enough to have for breakfast with a cup of coffee.
PS – if you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to also check out my glazed lemon poppy seed loaf!
Lemon Blueberry Bread – Gluten Free, Eggless
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter room temperature
- ⅔ cup sugar
- juice from 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons Bob's Red Mill Egg Replacer mixed with 4 tbsp water
- ⅔ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 ½ cup gluten free flour (I use Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup blueberries frozen or fresh; coated in 1/2 tbsp flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9×5 pan and set aside.
- Using a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, cream the butter with the sugar. Add in the lemon juice, egg replacer, and yogurt and mix until combined.
- Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt until combined. Gently stir in the blueberries, being careful not to over-mix.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. Allow to cool 5-10 minutes before removing from pan.
- Be sure to follow the instructions on the package of Bob’s Red Mill Egg Replacer. Once mixed with water, the egg replacer must sit for just a few minutes to thicken.
- Toss the berries in a bit of flour to coat them and prevent them from sinking to the bottom of the loaf.
- If you are not looking to replace eggs, you should be able to use 2 eggs instead of the egg replacer.
Did you try my lemon blueberry bread? Leave me a comment below and tag me on Instagram @justastastyblog and #justastastyblog!