These snickerdoodle bars are a super easy and fun treat for any cinnamon lovers in your life!
Confession: I’ve actually never made snickerdoodles. It’s definitely on my list, but I thought I’d actually start by whipping up snickerdoodle bars instead. You still get that delicious cinnamon sugar flavor without the cream of tartar (not something I normally have on hand), and no need to chill and roll your dough. These bars are super soft and are extra good served warm, straight out of the oven.
When I was initially writing up this snickerdoodle bar recipe, I was going to go with my usual egg replacer to see how that would turn out. But then I thought about the Greek yogurt I had sitting in my fridge, and decided to just use that as my binding agent. I will say, you do get a slight tangy flavor from the yogurt in your finished snickerdoodle bars — but we actually like them that way!
Why I Love These Snickerdoodle Bars…
- This is a ONE BOWL recipe. Yes, you read that right — everything is added to and mixed up (by hand) in a single bowl, which means less dirty dishes. That’s always a win in my book!
- These are naturally eggless. I opted to substitute Greek yogurt instead of my usual egg replacer, and it worked like a charm.
- These snickerdoodle bars are super thin, so they make for a really satisfying little treat that you don’t have to feel too guilty about 😉
How To Make…
I’m really not exaggerating when I say these snickerdoodle bars are incredibly easy to make. You’ll start by mixing up your oil, yogurt, and vanilla with the sugar. I just used a rubber spatula — no mixers needed for this one! Next, add in the flour, cinnamon, and salt and stir it all up until it’s nice and combined. Bake on 350ºF for 15-18 minutes, and let the bars cool completely before you cut them up.
And don’t forget about that cinnamon sugar topping! Just mix 1 tablespoon of sugar with 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and sprinkle on top of your batter before popping it into the oven.
I have to admit, I think I was a little heavy-handed with this particular batch because Matt really loves cinnamon sugar 🙂 but you can make yours as light or as cinnamon sugar-heavy as you’d like.
Snickerdoodle Bars – Gluten Free, Eggless
- ⅓ cup vegetable or canola oil
- ⅓ cup Greek yogurt room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 cup gluten free flour (I use Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
For the topping:
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8×8 square baking pan. Prepare the topping by mixing together the cinnamon and sugar, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the canola oil, yogurt, vanilla extract, and sugar until combined. Add in the flour, cinnamon, and salt and mix until incorporated.
- Pour batter into the pan. Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mixture evenly on top. Bake for 15-18 minutes. Allow to cool in pan completely before cutting into bars.
- Note the number of servings will vary based on how large or small you want to cut your bars. I was able to get exactly 12 bars out of this recipe.
Did you make my snickerdoodle bars? Tag me on Instagram @justastastyblog and #justastastyblog.