These no-bake cookie dough truffles are perfectly indulgent and so much fun to serve at a party or around the holidays. The truffles are made with edible chocolate chip cookie dough, then coated in white chocolate!
This one is for alllll of you out there who just can’t help but sneak a taste of the cookie dough every time you are baking up a batch of cookies. No shame in it. We “taste test” cookie dough in this house all the time! I can always count on Matt popping into the kitchen for a bite or two riiight before I manage to get my cookies in the oven.
The good news about this no-bake cookie dough truffle recipe is, it’s basically edible cookie dough. As you know, my recipes are always eggless, so that’s not a concern here… but we’re even heat treating the flour (more on that below) to make these white chocolate cookie dough truffles extra safe to eat without having to bake them!
I always love making these every time I’m entertaining, simply because they’re so easy, fun to make, and people always love them! They’re very rich but oh-so-good.
So whether you’re hosting for the holidays, planning a birthday party, or just want to treat yourself to an incredibly indulgent little dessert, these cookie dough truffles are for you.
Why You’ll Love These White Chocolate Cookie Dough Truffles…
- Well, we’re taking edible chocolate chip cookie dough and coating in melted white chocolate. Do I really need to say more than that? 😉
- They’re so easy to make, and especially fun if you have little helpers in the house. Rolling the dough into balls and dipping in the melted chocolate is so fun for kids!
- There are so many simple adjustments you can make to this cookie dough truffle recipe. You can add sprinkles, tint your melted chocolate in different colors (or use colored candy melts!)… feel free to get creative with this one!
How To Heat Treat Flour…
It seems there are conflicting opinions out there on the Internet about whether or not it’s safe to consume raw flour. There is a chance that raw flour may contain bacteria, making it unsafe to consume. The good news is you can easily kill off any potential bacteria by heating your flour up.
In my opinion, it certainly doesn’t hurt to take that extra step to heat treat your flour, just to be safe. So that’s what I’m recommending you do with this recipe. While I’ve read that this can also be done in the oven, I always just microwave my flour for 1 minute, or until the temperature throughout reaches 165ºF (you may have to stir and pop back into the microwave).
Again, I’ve read conflicting reports about whether this is really necessary, but the way I see it… it’ll just take you an additional minute or two and is super easy to do, so it certainly doesn’t hurt!
What You’ll Need…
- The dry ingredients: gluten free flour + salt.
- The fat: unsalted butter.
- The flavor: two types of sugar + vanilla extract.
- Add-in: chocolate chips.
- To top it off: melted white chocolate.
How To Make No Bake Cookie Dough Truffles…
To make my white chocolate cookie dough truffles, we’ll start by making the edible cookie dough. This is a pretty standard process, just like you’re making chocolate chip cookies! Cream the softened butter with both granulated sugar and brown sugar (I recommend light brown sugar specifically for this recipe). Add the vanilla extract and mix to incorporate.
Next, just add your heat treated flour and salt right into the bowl and mix on low speed (or even by hand) until it’s well combined. Stir in the chocolate chips. The dough will feel greasy, but that’s not a bad thing! The finished truffles will not be greasy after they’ve set.
Scoop out tablespoonfuls of cookie dough and roll into balls. Place them on a baking sheet or plate lined with parchment paper, and freeze for 30 minutes. Before removing your cookie dough truffles from the freezer, melt your white chocolate.
Finally, dip each cookie dough truffle into the white chocolate and replace back onto the lined baking sheet. Chill in the refrigerator for another 30 minutes to set.
To store your cookie dough truffles, keep them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Cookie Dough Truffles – Gluten Free, Eggless
- ¾ cup (85g) unsalted butter room temperature
- ½ cup (100g) light brown sugar packed
- ¼ cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups (222g) gluten free flour blend heat treated (see recipe notes)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup (55g) semisweet chocolate chips
- 16 ounces white chocolate melted
- Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter with both sugars until combined. Add vanilla extract and continue to mix.
- Add flour and salt, mixing on low speed until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop out tablespoonfuls of dough and roll into balls. Arrange on a parchment lined plate or baking sheet and freeze in the freezer for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove dough from the freezer and dip in melted chocolate to cover completely. Place back on lined plate or baking sheet and chill in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes to set.
- To heat treat the flour, heat in the microwave for 1 minute or until temperature of flour reaches 165ºF.
Did you make my white chocolate cookie dough truffles? Leave me a comment below or tag me on Instagram @justastastyblog and #justastastyblog!