This caramel apple dip with cream cheese calls for just two ingredients and is sure to be a hit all around. This dip is perfect for a Halloween party or Thanksgiving gathering!
It’s official! This is my first Fall recipe! Those who know me know that Fall is my absolute favorite time of the year. I love the changing of the leaves, the cozy vibes, the crisp feeling in the air (okay, to be fair, we don’t actually get four real seasons here in LA, but let me have this). I love Halloween. And I love all the Fall flavors. Brace yourself because these next few months are going to be full of delicious Fall recipes.
To kick off the season, I’m bringing you what might be the easiest “recipe” (if you can call it that) I will ever share on here: my caramel apple dip recipe. It calls for TWO ingredients. Plus apple slices for dipping, of course. I’m not going to pretend like there aren’t tons of similar “recipes” out there. But caramel apples will always be a favorite of mine so I simply had to start September off with this treat.
But first, a quick story about caramel apples: the first year Matt and I were dating, we thought it would be fun to make homemade caramel apples on Halloween. We bought the kind of caramel dipping sauce that comes in a tub, and a bunch of toppings… and it was a complete (sticky!) disaster. Talk about a Pinterest fail. But we had so much fun and it’s a memory we still laugh about today!
I promise you, I’ve come a long way since those caramel-in-a-tub days, and this homemade caramel apple dip, made with cream cheese, is even easier (and tastier) than anything you’d get at the store.
Why You’ll Love This Caramel Apple Dip…
- Because it takes caramel apples, and then elevates them to the next level with that creamy cheesecake flavor.
- This caramel apple dip takes two ingredients, a mixer, and about 15 minutes? But you end up with a seriously impressive dish that you can take to a dinner party (when those are happening again), and I promise everyone will ask you how you made it.
- While I suggest serving this with apple slices, you can get creative. Throw some graham crackers onto that platter! Have fun with it.
What You’ll Need…
- For the dip: one block of cream cheese + canned dulce de leche. As you already know from my salted caramel ice cream and my caramel cookie bars, I LOVE using dulce de leche because, unlike other store-bought caramel, it doesn’t contain corn syrup. You can also make your own using sweetened condensed milk.
- For serving: lots of apple slices!
How To Make Caramel Apple Dip…
Are you ready for this? You’re going to take your cream cheese and your dulce de leche. Place both in your mixer. And beat them together for a few minutes until it’s extra creamy and smooth. You want it to be thoroughly combined so that the two flavors blend together.
And there you have it. You’re done! Dish your caramel apple dip up into your prettiest serving dish, slice up some apples… and just wait for the compliments to come pouring in 😉
As I mentioned, you can get creative with what you serve alongside this dip. But there’s truly something irresistible about a tart, crunchy apple and this extra sweet treat. Enjoy!
Caramel Apple Dip – Gluten Free, Eggless
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- ⅔ cup (190g) dulce de leche
- Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese with the dulce de leche until soft and creamy.
- Transfer to a serving dish and serve with apple slices for dipping.
- Make sure to use a block of cream cheese rather than the spreadable cream cheese that comes in a tub.
- Take cream cheese out of the refrigerator about 30 minutes before using so it is soft and easy to beat.
Did you make my caramel apple dip? Comment below or tag me on Instagram @justastastyblog and #justastastyblog!