This eggless blueberry cake is such a simple but delicious treat, and goes perfectly with a cup of coffee or tea.
Do you ever just want a slice of cake for breakfast? No? Just me? This eggless blueberry cake is one of those bakes that, although it makes for a delicious dessert, is just perfect for breakfast! The fruit makes it a little bit healthier, I think 😉
Whether you’re having this treat for breakfast or dessert, I think you’re really going to love it. The Greek yogurt gives it the perfect amount of moisture and, as a result, the cake is melt-in-your-mouth soft. The blueberries add a nice flavor without being too overpowering.
Why You’ll Love This Eggless Blueberry Cake…
- It’s a single layer cake with minimal decorating involved. It’s no secret that I need to work on my decorating, so I always appreciate a cake that doesn’t require any fancy skills. I prefer to top this particular cake off with some powdered sugar — it makes for a pretty presentation and adds a delicious final touch.
- I love the incredibly soft texture, and it has a certain lightness to it that doesn’t make you feel too full after eating it.
- This is a naturally eggless recipe, so no need to have an egg replacer on hand.
How To Make…
You will start by whisking the dry ingredients together in a small bowl. Then, using your mixer, cream the butter with the sugar and, once that’s done, add in the vanilla extract and yogurt.
Next, just fold in your dry ingredients and carefully stir in the berries. I typically use frozen blueberries, since I almost always have some in my freezer, but it should work just as well with fresh berries. Be sure to coat your berries in just a bit of flour to keep them from sinking to the bottom of the cake.
Then, you just pour the batter (which will be quite thick) into your prepared pan! A springform pan works best here, because it will be easiest to remove your cake out of, but I used a round pan in this particular instance and it works just as well. You may have to rearrange some berries on top, just to make it pretty. Bake on 350ºF for about 30 minutes.
I highly recommend serving this cake at your next brunch. It looks beautiful and tastes even better, with minimal effort required. I’d call that a win!
Blueberry Cake – Gluten Free, Eggless
- 1 ½ cups gluten free flour (I use Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter room temperature
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup Greek yogurt room temperature
- ½ cup frozen or fresh blueberries tossed in a bit of flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8" springform or round pan and line the bottom with a piece of parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Using a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, cream the butter with the sugar. Add the vanilla extract and yogurt, mixing to combine. Fold in the dry ingredients. Carefully stir in berries.
- Pour batter into pan and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out dry. Allow the cake to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes before removing.
- If necessary, rearrange some berries on top of the cake before putting in the oven. This is purely for appearance.
- Remember to toss the berries in a bit of flour to prevent them from sinking to the bottom of your cake.
Did you make my eggless blueberry cake? Leave me a comment below or tag me on Instagram @justastastyblog and #justastastyblog.