Just in time for National Cheesecake Day… my no-bake cheesecake is such a classic, and ridiculously easy to make!
Do you ever just get hit with a sudden cheesecake craving? There’s something about that deliciously creamy texture and classic tangy flavor. I simply can’t say no to cheesecake, ever! And while I don’t discriminate when it comes to the type of cheesecake, I think a simple, classic cheesecake should be a staple in any recipe box. Or in my case, recipe blog 🙂
The obvious reason that I stick to no-bake cheesecake here is because it’s made without eggs. But also, it’s the perfect summer treat because it doesn’t require you to turn on the oven! And you don’t have to deal with a water bath. This recipe makes a 9″ round cake and comes together quickly (minus the chill time), so it’s a great dessert option when you do find yourself craving a nice, old fashioned cheesecake.
I use powdered sugar rather than granulated sugar because I find that it helps with the texture and makes for a thick filling, which is ideal. We’re using just enough sugar to give the filling a hint of sweetness, but not so much that it takes away from the tangy flavor that I love.
Why You’ll Love This No-Bake Cheesecake…
- There’s only a handful of ingredients required, and it really is a quick and straightforward process.
- The filling has that perfect sweet tang to it, and goes so well with the honey-flavored graham cracker crust.
- There are endless possibilities and ways to customize this treat. While this recipe makes plain cheesecake, you can top it off with fresh fruit, fruit filling, a drizzle of caramel sauce, whipped cream… see! Endless!
What You’ll Need…
- For the crust: gluten free graham cracker crumbs + melted butter + a pinch of salt.
- For the creamy filling: cream cheese + powdered sugar + lemon juice + heavy whipping cream.
How To Make…
If you’ve ever made a graham cracker crust, you know the drill. You will want graham cracker crumbs, which you can achieve quickly in a food processor or, if you don’t have one, you can also pour the graham crackers into a zipped plastic bag and use a rolling pin or heavy pan to crush them. Then you simply mix your melted butter and a pinch of salt into your crumbs until it’s combined and you have a wet mixture. Press the crust into your baking pan (you can push a bit up the sides, or not) and set aside.
To make the filling, I use a stand mixer to beat my cream cheese (make sure to use the blocks and NOT the spreadable kind that comes in a tub) with the powdered sugar until it’s smooth and creamy. You’ll definitely want to use room temperature cream cheese here, otherwise you won’t get the consistency we’re looking for. Add the lemon juice and beat until it’s combined.
In a separate bowl, beat the cold whipping cream for a few minutes until stiff peaks form. I like to use a hand mixer here. Once you have your whipped cream, fold it gently into the cream cheese mixture. Try to avoid over-handling the filling. When it’s combined, pour the filling on top of your crust and pop the whole thing into the refrigerator to chill for about 6-8 hours.
After chilling, add your choice of topping and ENJOY!
No-Bake Cheesecake – Gluten Free, Eggless
For the crust:
- 7.5 ounces gluten free graham crackers
- ¼ cup (56g) unsalted butter melted
- 1 pinch salt
For the filling:
- 16 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- ⅔ cup (75g) powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup (240ml) heavy whipping cream cold
For the crust:
- Using a food processor (or zipped top plastic bag and a rolling pin), crush the graham crackers into crumbs. Mix the crumbs, the melted butter, and the salt together in a small bowl. Press into the bottom of an 9" springform pan and store in the refrigerator while you make the filling.
For the filling:
- Using a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese with the powdered sugar for a few minutes, until smooth. Add the lemon juice and continue to beat until combined.
- In a separate bowl, beat the heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Use a rubber spatula to fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture gently.
- Pour the filling onto the prepared crust, and chill in the refrigerator for at least 6-8 hours.
- Make sure the heavy whipping cream is cold!
Did you make my no-bake cheesecake? Tag me on Instagram @justastastyblog and #justastastyblog.