These mango creamsicles are the perfect treat for a hot Summer day! The recipe calls for just 4 ingredients and comes together in a flash.
You may already know this very important fact about me: I love ice cream. In all of its forms. I have a weakness for salted caramel and coffee ice cream… but I also love creamsicles. And considering how easy they are to make, I know I will keep my freezer stocked with these all Summer long.
The best part about this recipe is that you can really customize it and make it your own. It’s very forgiving! So if you wanted to add more honey, or maybe throw in a few berries too, it would still be Just As Tasty.
Why You’ll Love These Mango Creamsicles…
- They make for a delicious yet healthy treat! Seriously, once you take a look at the ingredients, you’ll see what I mean. These are so creamy and delicious, and we’re using all natural ingredients.
- Speaking of the ingredients, did I mention that this recipe only calls for a handful? Yes, these are 4-ingredient creamsicles which means you can whip them up all season long.
- This recipe takes very little effort. If you can turn on a blender, you can make this recipe. These little guys are perfect for a pool party or BBQ!
What You’ll Need…
- Mangos: I will fully admit, sometimes I cheat and buy them pre-sliced to make it even easier. No shame in it!
- Greek yogurt: I always use plain Greek yogurt (the % milk fat really doesn’t matter here, I usually use 0% or 2%).
- Banana: I like to throw in half of a large banana just for added sweetness and flavor.
- Honey: again, just sweetening these little guys up – feel free to add more/less to taste.
How To Make Homemade Creamsicles…
To make these easy creamsicles, you are literally just going to throw all of the ingredients into a blender. Blend until the mixture is completely smooth and creamy. I love to use my Vitamix for this but any blender will work just fine.
Next, you’ll want to pour the mixture right into your popsicle molds. This is a must for homemade creamsicles. And luckily they’re so easy to find online or at the grocery store!
Freeze the creamsicles for at least 4 hours. Pro tip: run the molds under warm water (careful not to get any into the actual creamsicles) for easy release. Just a couple of seconds should do the trick, and the ice cream should pop right out.
Store any extra creamsicles in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months. And that’s really all there is to it!
Creamsicle Ingredient Substitutions…
- It goes without saying that you could pretty much add any fruit you’d like to complement the mango flavor here. Use this creamsicle recipe as your base and get creative!
- While I use plain Greek yogurt, you could go with vanilla yogurt. I think that would be really tasty here. To make these dairy-free, you would just need to substitute with your favorite non-dairy yogurt.
Did you try my mango creamsicles? Leave me a comment below or tag me on Instagram @justastastyblog and #justastastyblog!
For More Gluten Free Summer Recipes, Check Out My…
Mango Creamsicles – Gluten Free, Eggless
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 ½ cup chopped mango
- ½ banana
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Combine all ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth and pour into popsicle molds.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours, or until creamsicles are completely formed and solid. For easy removal, briefly run the molds under warm water.